TELL US ABOUT YOU!
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. To see if we have an opening that might suit your skills and experience then we need to know!
Please send us a copy of your CV and a covering email explaining why you think you’d be good fit for us and we’ll get back to you if we think you’re right!
We’re currently looking for:
PHP/Full Stack Developers with at least 4 years commercial experience
Project Mangers with software development background
PHP / Full Stack Developer
PHP / Full Stack Developer – Sheffield
£30,000 – £50,000 (dependant on experience, DOE)
Pipe & Piper is an established and innovative software business providing bespoke cloud-based web solutions and mobile application development to public and private organisations operating across most business sectors.
We are looking for an experienced and talented developer to add to our team as part of our planned growth for the business in order to accommodate increasing demand from new and existing clients. We have a relaxed and flexible hybrid working environment operating from a former airport control tower a few days per week, and home working the rest.
We take an open-minded approach to development and the right candidate should embrace learning new technologies, working with other members of the team collaboratively and be an effective time-planner. They should furthermore have the confidence to use their own knowledge and experience to enhance our existing portfolio, progress existing features and make improvements to our client’s systems.
The role will primarily comprise of working on complex projects, developing bespoke web systems and web apps. Time planning and the ability to break projects down into smaller sub-projects covering all aspects of the development lifecycle will be integral. Timescales are usually set by the team members working on them so “deadlines” are set by the team collectively to remove any stress and avoid working out of hours.
- Writing scalable, secure, reusable and testable code
- Maintaining & optimising existing codebases in both modern and legacy PHP projects
- Work collaboratively with other members of the team
- Managing DB systems of large scale and demand
- Contributing to all aspects of a development lifecycle
- Effective at time/project management
- Concise communication with clients
- Experience in a LAMP environment
- Excellent understanding of PHP 7/8
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as Laravel/Symfony/Zend etc
- Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember or VueJS
- Excellent knowledge of MySQL
- Experience with RESTful APIs (JSON, XML)
- Prolific with HTML5, CSS3, SASS
Bonus points for:
- Knowledge of PHP Smarty
- Understanding of iOS/Android OS
- Experience with Cordova
- Understanding of Gulp workflow automation
- Experience with source control (ideally Git & Github)
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- eCommerce Experience
- Linux administration
Qualifications & Experience:
- 4 years commercial experience minimum
- Relaxed & modern working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- 30+ days paid holiday
- Regular salary reviews & bonus scheme
- Top of the range company laptop
- Pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- In close proximity to (Nursery, Costa Coffee, Cafes, Supermarkets, Parkway/M1 transport links)
- Subsidised office events/nights out
Reference ID: PPSD04
Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
our ETHOS & VALUES.
With a passion for creativity instilled in all of us, we strive to design and develop amazing apps, complex cloud systems, wonderful websites and effective CRM’s that wow our clients and exceed expectations. No challenge is to big or too small and we must love what we do.
Be… creative & inspiring, attentive & resourceful, determined & pioneering, critical but respectful, and most importantly… innovative with an absolute focus on a clients core objectives.
in a NUTSHELL.
Pipe & Piper create innovative and technically amazing mobile and cloud software for some of the UK’s most incredible organisations. Our dedication and experience enables us develop client concepts into successful digital solutions that exceed visions and business objectives.
We need focussed individuals that love what they do and are always willing to go the extra mile for any one of our clients. Work hard, be vigilant, maximise your learning and experience with people like you and your efforts won’t go un-rewarded.