TELL US ABOUT YOU!
We’re always looking for talented individuals to join our team. To see if we have an opening that might suit your skills and experience then we need to know!
Please send us a copy of your CV and a covering email explaining why you think you’d be good fit for us and we’ll get back to you if we think you’re right!
We’re currently looking for:
PHP/Full Stack Developers with at least 4 years commercial experience
Project Mangers with software development background
PHP / Full Stack Developer
PHP/Full Stack Developer – Sheffield
£35,000-45,000 a year
Pipe & Piper is an established and innovative software business providing bespoke cloud-based web solutions and mobile application development to public and private organisations operating across most business sectors.
We are looking for an experienced and talented developer to add to our team as part of our planned growth for the business in order to accommodate increasing demand from new and existing clients. We have a relaxed and flexible working environment operating from a former airport control tower with options for “working from home”.
We take an open-minded approach to development and the right candidate should embrace learning new technologies, managing junior members of the team and be an effective time-planner. They should furthermore have the confidence to use their own knowledge and experience to enhance our existing portfolio, progress existing features and make improvements to our client’s systems.
The role will primarily comprise of working on complex projects, developing bespoke web systems and mobile apps whilst mentoring junior members of the team. Time planning and the ability to break projects down into smaller sub-projects covering all aspects of the development lifecycle will be integral.
- Writing scalable, secure, reusable and testable code
- Maintaining & optimising existing codebases in both modern and legacy PHP projects
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the team
- Overseeing front-end development
- Managing DB systems of large scale and demand
- Contributing to all aspects of a development lifecycle
- Effective at time/project management
- Experience in a LAMP environment
- Excellent understanding of PHP 7/8 (OOP, MVC and use of frameworks such as Laravel, Symfony or Zend)
- Excellent knowledge MySQL
- Good knowledge of Nodejs
- Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular, React, Ember or VueJS
- Experience with RESTful APIs (JSON, XML)
- Prolific with HTML5, CSS3, SASS
- Experience with MS Office suite including Teams
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Cordova
- Knowledge of PHP Smarty
- Understanding of iOS/Android OS
- Understanding of Gulp workflow automation
- Experience with source control (ideally Git & Github)
- Exposure to Test Driven Development
- eCommerce Experience
- Linux administration
Qualifications & Experience:
- 4 years commercial experience minimum
- Relaxed & modern working environment
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home
- 30+ days paid holiday
- Top of the range company laptop
- Pension scheme
- Regular salary reviews & bonus scheme
- Travel contributions / company car
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- In close proximity to (Nursery, Costa Coffee, Cafes, Parkway/M1 transport links)
- Subsidised office events/nights out
Please send your CV to email@example.com
our ETHOS & VALUES.
With a passion for creativity instilled in all of us, we strive to design and develop amazing apps, complex cloud systems, wonderful websites and effective CRM’s that wow our clients and exceed expectations. No challenge is to big or too small and we must love what we do.
Be… creative & inspiring, attentive & resourceful, determined & pioneering, critical but respectful, and most importantly… innovative with an absolute focus on a clients core objectives.
in a NUTSHELL.
Pipe & Piper create innovative and technically amazing mobile and cloud software for some of the UK’s most incredible organisations. Our dedication and experience enables us develop client concepts into successful digital solutions that exceed visions and business objectives.
We need focussed individuals that love what they do and are always willing to go the extra mile for any one of our clients. Work hard, be vigilant, maximise your learning and experience with people like you and your efforts won’t go un-rewarded.